Learn About Financial Aid Funds Available from SWFL Works
(Admissions Informational Events)
Are you receiving a Pell grant to attend school and still struggling to make ends meet?
Southwest Florida Works may be able to assist you with the costs of your tuition and books so that you may use your Pell funds to help with your living expenses. Representatives from SWFL Works will be on campus this week to provide more information and admissions representatives will also be available for those who still need to complete the application process.
Edison State College Lee Campus:
- Wednesday, December 5, Taeni Hall (S) Lobby from 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, December 6, AA lobby (outside Medical History Museum) from 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Friday, December 7, Taeni Hall (S) Lobby from 9:00 p.m. -12:00 p.m.
Although this is not an entitlement program, there are two requirements that must be met:
1. You must be attending a program on Southwest Florida Works Approved Training List (see Edison's approved programs below).
2. Your household income must fall within guidelines or you must be a dislocated worker (laid off from an occupation in which jobs are not available).
Edison State's approved programs are:
- Accounting Technology
- Accounting Applications
- Business Administration and Management
- Cardiovascular Technology
- Crime Scene Technology
- Criminal Justice Technology
- Dental Hygiene
- Drafting and Design Technology
- Emergency Medical Services Technology
- Emergency Medical Technician Basic Certificate
- Fire Science Technology
- Health Information Management
- Networking Specialist
- Networking Services Technology
- Paralegal Studies
- Radiologic Technology/Radiography
- Respiratory Care
- Small Business Management
Your anticipated household income for the upcoming six months should not exceed: