Glades DE FAQs

Glades County Early Admissions/Dual Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is Dual Enrollment/Early Admissions?

A: It is a program that provides an opportunity for qualified high school students to attend college classes and earn high school and college credit at the same time..

Q: What is the difference between Dual Enrollment and Early Admissions?

A: Dual Enrollment students can take one or more college classes either on their high school campus, on the college campus, or online.  Early Admissions students must have completed their junior year of high school and are considered full-time college students and do not take classes on their high school campus.

Q: What are the benefits of Dual Enrollment/Early Admissions?

A: Dual Enrollment saves money because tuition, lab fees, and textbooks are free to high school students. (Private and home school students are eligible to participate with tuition being waived. However, textbooks and materials will need to be purchased.) Since students can earn high school and college credit at the same time, they can shorten the time required to earn a college degree. Dual Enrollment offers challenging courses that are guaranteed to transfer to any public Florida College or University and most out-of-state universities. Students who participate in Dual Enrollment graduate from college more often, earlier, and with better grades.

Q: Who is eligible for Dual Enrollment/Early Admissions?

A: Students who are Freshman and Sophomores that have at least a 3.5 unweighted, cumulative GPA and Juniors and Seniors that have a 3.0 unweighted, cumulative GPA or higher.  Students must also meet the required minimum test score levels.  Students must have the recommendation from their high school guidance counselor or home school program official.

Q: What are the required test scores to participate in Dual Enrollment/Early Admissions?

A:  If a student plans to take a class that requires college reading and writing and college level math, the required scores are as follows:

  SAT ACT PERT- College Placement Test
Reading 440-Verbal 19-Reading 106
English 440-Verbal 17-English 103
Math 540 (College Algebra) 23 (College Algebra) 123 (College Algebra)
Math 440 (Intermediate Algebra-Elective credit) 19  (Intermediate Algebra-Elective Credit) 114 (Intermediate Algebra
MAT 1033-Elective Credit)

**Test scores must be submitted with the application.

Q: Can the PERT exam be taken more than once?

A: The exam may be taken once per academic term up to three times for Dual Enrollment purposes. Prior to a second or third attempt on the PERT, students must show an alternate form of remediation has occurred since the first or second attempt. Alternate forms of remediation can include enrollment in a high school course, tutoring sessions, etc. If the student does not achieve qualifying scores we will only accept qualifying SAT, ACT or FCAT 2.0 scores. Test scores are valid for two years.

Q: When and where are Dual Enrollment courses taken?

A: Courses may be taken before, during, or after school, and during the summer.  Courses may also be offered at the high school, on the college campus, or other approved location.  Students are responsible for providing their own transportation to and from the college.

Q: What courses are available to Dual Enrollment/Early Admissions?

A:  Students can take academic college-level courses and or career and technical courses.  We generally recommend an AA education plan, unless the student has another desired education track. All prerequisites must be met for all courses.

Q: How many courses can Dual Enrollment students take each semester?

A: Junior and Senior Dual Enrollment students may earn up to 11 credit hours per semester. Sophomore and Freshmen Dual Enrollment students may earn up to 6 credit hours per semester.

Q: How do Dual Enrollment/Early Admissions students remain eligible?

A:  Students must maintain a 2.0 college GPA and continue to meet the high school GPA requirement.  Students who fall below the GPA requirement will not be eligible to continue in the Dual Enrollment program.  A student who withdraws from a Dual Enrollment course must return to the assigned high school for class assignment by the principal or designee.

Q: Do Dual Enrollment/Early Admissions students receive report cards?

A: Dual Enrollment students receive their final grades and will have access to them through their.fsw portal. They will not be sent a report card, but may request for their official transcripts to be sent to their desired location at no cost in Admissions & Registration. (Normal fee is $5.) Final grades will be sent to the high school.