Middle Grades Science and Secondary Biology Education Degree
If you have an interest in teaching and a passion for science, Florida SouthWestern State College has the perfect degree for you! Florida SouthWestern State College offers the following degrees, Secondary Biology and Middle Grades Science Education, as innovative and exciting programs with tuition under $10,000. These programs are offered as a hybrid with both on-line and ground courses.
Beginning in Fall 2013, up to 25 students will be admitted to the first cohort. Each fall thereafter, a new cohort will begin. Students accepted into the cohort will be given a scholarship during the last semester of their senior year.
Conditions for receiving the scholarship include the following:
- Recipient must declare Secondary Biology or Middle Grades Education as their major
- Recipient must meet all program requirements (i.e. FTCE, Service Learning Hours, and Critical Tasks)
- Recipient must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Recipient must complete a minimum of 30 credit hours per year
- Recipients must complete 15 hours of accelerated credit (see options below)
- Recipient must maintain good standing according to the ESC Catalog
- Recipient must complete the degree within 5 years (Baccalaureate course work must be completed within 2 years of initial upper level coursework)
If you are interested in this program, please contact Dr. Christy Duda at or (239) 489-9366.