The Florida SouthWestern State College Foundation will develop a culture of philanthropy to meet the private resource needs of Florida SouthWestern State College in its pursuit of access and excellence in education and outreach for the public good. This will be accomplished through the development of a broad base of individual, corporate, and foundation support. As a result we will have a sustained program of private giving and an endowment that will continue to nurture the College in perpetuity.
Florida SouthWestern State College Foundation seeks to provide the margin of excellence for which Florida SouthWestern has long been known. Through positive community relations and the development of private funds and partnerships we strive to advance the education and welfare of the institution, its students, its faculty and staff and the community it serves.
The core values of the FSW Foundation are excellence, collaboration, initiative, community, stewardship, innovation and integrity. Specifically,
- Supporting student retention and attainment of academic goals, high academic achievement.
- Supporting growth in terms of student enrollment and new programs, and the infrastructure necessary to accommodate the growth.
- Supporting faculty chairs, professorships and professional growth and development for all employees.
- Supporting programs that recognize student success and faculty accomplishments.
- Supporting efforts to improve curriculum through the integration of technology that improves learning and teaching.
- Supporting the arts and cultural programming that enriches the lives of community members and the students Florida SouthWestern State College serves.
- Supporting programs and services that improve the College’s responsiveness to the training needs of business and industry to ensure Southwest Florida remains competitive in the global market.