Membership Application (PDF)
The Association of Florida College has 10 classes of membership:
- Individual Membership is open to any full-time regular college employee;
- Contributing Membership is automatic for the Chief Executive Officer and any member of a District Board of Trustees whose college holds institutional membership in the Association;
- Institutional Membership is open to any college;
- Retiree Membership is open to any person who has retired from a Florida community college or the Division of Community Colleges;
- Life Membership is available to individuals employed fulltime and retired members;
- Adjunct Faculty Membership is open to any person who is employed less than full-time in an instructional position;
- Part-time Employee Membership is open to any part-time regular college employee;
- Honorary Life Membership is conferred on those persons who, in the opinion of the Board of Directors, have made an outstanding contribution to the college and/or the Association;
- Affiliate Membership is open to institutions and organizations, including student groups whose activities are recognized by the Board of Directors as being closely related to the functions and purposes of the colleges; and
- Associate Membership is open to individuals whose professional or educational activities are closely related to the functions and purposes of the Association and to any individual who, in the opinion of the Board of Directors, exhibits interest in supporting the aims and activities of the Association.
The AFC membership term is July 1 through June 30. All memberships expire on June 30. Dues are paid annually in a lump sum. Payroll deduction of membership dues is available for full-time employees. Annual dues vary according to annual salary and the type of membership. The membership application has the most current dues.