Florida SouthWestern Collegiate High School-Charlotte Campus is a public charter high school with an open enrollment policy. All FSWC-Charlotte students follow an honors level curriculum, providing students with the opportunity to graduate with an associate degree and high school diploma simultaneously.
Our curriculum and student management philosophies follow the nationally recognized pre-collegiate/collegiate model where students take honors level classes during their freshmen and sophomore years in a traditional high school facility. For eligible students, the junior and senior years consist of dual enrollment classes taken on the campus of Florida SouthWestern State College where students are offered all the challenges and rewards of being independent learners. This course of study affords participants the opportunity to earn a high school diploma and an associate of arts degree in just four years of study. With this tremendous opportunity comes an expectation to be highly motivated and focused on academic pursuits beginning the very first day of the very first year of school. Potential students should be prepared to have academics as their primary school priority and are expected to exhibit a high degree of personal integrity and social maturity during their time at FSWC-Charlotte.
In order to participate, all potential students will be offered the process outlined below:
- FSWC–Charlotte will host the following Information Nights. Attendance at one of the Information Nights is mandatory. The online enrollment lottery process will open on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 and end at 3:30pm on Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
- Tuesday, January 16, 2018 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm in the high school cafeteria
- Wednesday, January 31, 2018 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm in the high school cafeteria
- Thursday, February 15, 2018 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm in the high school cafeteria.
- Our lottery process is not based on merit, as we run an open enrollment campus. Lottery registrations can be accomplished online once the process opens on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 and closes on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 3:30pm. The FSWC-Charlotte homepage has the link to the lottery application.
- Florida statute provides for sibling and employee preference, and all applicants (including those claiming either of these statuses) must participate in and indicate their intent during the lottery process.
- Phone notification of accepted and wait-listed students will take place on March 8 or 9
- Individual Learning Contract (ILC) meetings take place with Mrs. Foster (Guidance Counselor) from March-May.
- Please call 941-637-5673 with any questions.