Florida SouthWestern Collegiate High School-Charlotte Campus is a public charter high school with an open enrollment policy. All FSWC-Charlotte students follow an honors level curriculum, providing students with the opportunity to graduate with an associate degree and high school diploma simultaneously.
Our curriculum and student management philosophies follow the nationally recognized pre-collegiate/collegiate model where students take honors level classes during their freshmen and sophomore years in a traditional high school facility. For eligible students, the junior and senior years consist of dual enrollment classes taken on the campus of Florida SouthWestern State College where students are offered all the challenges and rewards of being independent learners. This course of study affords participants the opportunity to earn a high school diploma and an associate of arts degree in just four years of study. With this tremendous opportunity comes an expectation to be highly motivated and focused on academic pursuits beginning the very first day of the very first year of school. Potential students should be prepared to have academics as their primary school priority and are expected to exhibit a high degree of personal integrity and social maturity during their time at FSWC-Charlotte.
In order to participate, all potential students will be offered the process outlined below:
- 1. FSWC-Charlotte will host the following Informational Sessions. Attendance at one of the Informational Sessions is mandatory unless the applicant is claiming sibling preference. These sessions take place at 6:00 pm in the High School Cafeteria:
- Thursday, January 17, 2019
- Wednesday, January 30, 2019
- Tuesday, February 12, 2019
- The online New Student Application will open on Friday, January 18, 2019 and close at 3:30 pm on Thursday, February 28, 2019. The link can be found on the FSWC-Charlotte homepage under the “Applications and Lottery” tab.
- The random lottery will occur on Monday, March 4, 2019 during normal school hours.
- Florida statute provides for sibling and employee preference for applicants and all applicants claiming either of these preferences must be indicated on their submitted application.
- Applicants will be notified of their acceptance or wait list position as soon as possible and no later than Wednesday, March 13, 2019.
- Individual Learning Contract (ILC) meetings take place with our School Counselor, Mrs. Foster from March – May.
- Please call 941-637-5673 with any questions.