Workers' Compensation

Work-Related Injuries

Florida SouthWestern State College provides Workers' Compensation Insurance for all college employees.

Note: Only the General Counsel's office may authorize medical treatment in non-emergency related situations. If you have been injured at work and will be seeking treatment under Worker's Compensation, you must seek initial treatment from an authorized provider.

Medical Emergency

If you need emergency medical treatment, call 911 and Campus Public Safety immediately. If this is an emergency, initial treatment should be sought by calling 911.

Public Safety Campus Extensions:

  • Thomas Edison (Lee)  x1203

  • Collier  x3712

  • Charlotte  x5608

  • Hendry Glades Curtis Center  x6017

Step 1: Contact Public Safety immediately to report the accident or injury. Public Safety will complete an Incident /Accident Report, and you and/or Public Safety must contact the General Counsel's Office immediately at 432-7313 (ext 6313).

Step 2: Contact your supervisor.

Step 3: If medical attention is required, the General Counsel's Office will provide a Referral for Medical Services and refer you to the College's Workers' Compensation Primary Care Physician. General Counsel's Office can also give you a First Script form at that time for any prescriptions are necessary after the physician's visit.

Step 4: After seeing the Worker's Compensation Physician, immediately deliver and/or send the medical certification to the General Counsel's Office, Building I-210, 8099 College Parkway, Fort Myers, FL 33919. Any medical restrictions must be clearly communicated and approved by the General Counsel's Office and your supervisor.

Step 5: If a return visit is required to the Worker's Compensation Physician and/or other treatment is recommended, follow-through with those instructions and report to the General Counsel's Office and your supervisor.