Welcome the Florida SouthWestern State College Governmental Relations website. As the office charged with serving as liaison to all levels of elected officials, we strive to enhance the image of Florida SouthWestern State College through advocacy.
Our number one priority is to ensure Florida SouthWestern State College is positioned for success in the governmental processes and to represent the College with professionalism and integrity.
Please feel free to if you have any questions.
- Governmental Relations
- Legislative Resources
- 2018 State Budget Documents
- Other Important Links
Florida Constitution Revision Commission
Perhaps, most importantly, this election cycle will include changes to our state’s constitution as part of the 20 year review of our entire state constitution. Carefully consider the wording used in the initiative and ask yourself if this is something that belongs in a constitution. Just because the wording sounds positive, question the necessity and real impact of the proposal in our constitution.
The legislature will have the ability to pass implementing legislation to enact these amendment during the 2019 session.
These 8 measures (click on link to read language) will be on the NOVEMBER general election ballot:
- 6001 Rights of Crime Victims; Judges
- 6002 First Responder & Military Member Survivors, Public Colleges & Universities
- 6003 School Board Term Limits & Duties; Public Schools
- 6004 Prohibits Offshore Oil & Gas Drilling; Prohibits Vaping in Enclosed Indoor Workplaces
- 6005 State & Local Government Structure & Operation
- 6006 Property Rights; Removal of Obsolete Provision; Criminal Statutes
- 6007 Lobbying & Abuse of Office by Public Officers
- 6012 Dog Racing
Voter Registration Deadline
- Monday, July 30, 2018 - Last date to register/change party affiliation to vote in the August 28, 2018 Primary Election
- Tuesday, Aug. 28, 2018 - Primary Election
- Tuesday, Oct. 09, 2018 - Last date to register/change party affiliation prior to the November 06, 2018 General Election
- Tuesday, Nov. 06, 2018 - General Election
Are you registered to vote? Click one of the following links for your county of residence to find important information about upcoming elections, candidates and other details: