High school graduation requires a total of 24 credits in the appropriate academic disciplines, a minimum GPA of 2.0 and passing scores on the required standardized tests (ELA which is a reading and writing test as well as the Algebra I End of Course exam). These requirements are set by the Florida Department of Education and can be found below.
High School Graduation Requirements (24 Total Credits).
- Language Arts – Four (4) Credits – English courses must include major concentration in composition and literature
- Mathematics – Four (4) Credits – Algebra I or its series equivalent or any higher level course
- Science – Three (3) Credits – Two (2) of the credits must include a laboratory component
- Social Studies – Three (3) Credits, as specified below
The State requires:
- One (1) Credit in World History
- One (1) Credit in American History
- One-Half (1/2) Credit in American Government and
- One-Half (1/2) Credit in Economics
- Performing/Practical/ Fine Arts – One (1) Credit
- Physical Education – One (1) Credit which can be met by HOPE
- Electives – Eight (8) Credits