LCSD Dress Code as established in the Student Code of Conduct
The Florida SouthWestern Collegiate High School – Lee Campus dress code is designed to maximize student choice while minimizing disruptions to the academic learning environment caused by distracting dress and potentially negative staff/student interactions. Students and families are highly encouraged to make conservative choices when purchasing school clothes and dressing to attend school each day.
Questionable issues will be resolved by a school Administrator who will retain final authority on what is or isn’t acceptable. The basic Lee County School District student dress code is listed below and clarifying statements can be found highlighted on this page.
To help clarify expectations, Florida SouthWestern Collegiate High School – Lee interpretations of the rules are outlined here in bulleted forms:
- Pants, skirts, shorts, etc. that might fall below the natural waistline must be secured at the waist with a belt.
- Shoes do not have to be closed toed, with laces, or solid colored. Athletic and beach style sandals are permitted. Closed toed athletic shoes are required for lab and other physical activities.
- All shirts shall be of adequate length as defined by being long enough to remain tucked in when the student raises both hands above their head. Spaghetti straps and minimal or revealing tank tops are not permitted.
- All pants, skirts, shorts, etc…….must be worn so that the bottom hem is at least long enough to reach within three inches of the knees.
- Ripped or torn clothing that is in disrepair is prohibited.