ISABELLA CURTIS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT REQUIREMENTS
1. This TWO-YEAR TUITION and BOOKS scholarship is limited to only LaBelle High School graduates who have resided in Hendry County for a minimum of two years..
2. It is MANDATORY for you to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be eligible for this scholarship. You may qualify for federal funding through the PELL grant. If so, federal monies will be applied first to your tuition, fees, and books. If you do not qualify for the PELL, the Curtis Scholarship will cover these expenses.
The PRIORITY deadline for filing the FAFSA application is May 1st of each year. The FSW Financial Aid office dispenses funds and awards scholarships by early summer. Submitting the FAFSA after this date may mean that funding will not be available to you.
The FAFSA may be filed online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. You must have a copy of your parent(s) tax return as well as your own if you were required to file. For assistance, please contact the Hendry Glades Center at 863-674-0408.
3. Contact the Hendry Glades Center to determine your eligibility PRIOR to registering for classes. Failure to do so could result in your registration being cancelled for non-payment.
4. Full-time enrollment is REQUIRED for fall and spring semesters. You must be registered for a minimum of 12 credit hours to remain eligible for this scholarship. A total of 30 credit hours are needed to advance to sophomore status.
5. Books may be obtained from the Lee Campus bookstore or online 2 weeks prior to the beginning of classes. This is PRIORITY pick up for Curtis recipients. All textbooks MUST be picked up by the end of the first week of classes to be covered by scholarship monies.
This scholarship was established through the through the generosity of Mr. Kenneth Curtis who was sincerely interested in providing you the financial means to further your education. This is a great opportunity for you to continue your education.
Welcome to the world of higher education at Florida SouthWestern State College! We wish you success and joy as you pursue your dreams at our institution!