About New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation is the start and launching pad to your journey here at Florida SouthWestern State College (FSW). Orientation welcomes new students to campus and is facilitated by Student Service staff and student leaders in coordination with faculty, staff, and administrators who represent various departments across the colleges.
Orientation is an interactive, informative, and exciting experience designed to initiate and integrate students into the community of FSW and provide students with information about the multitude of resources and opportunities available to them as new FSW students.
All new students are required to participate in Orientation before registering for classes.
Steps to complete your New Student Orientation:
- Apply to FSW and pay the application fee.
- Submit all high school or GED transcripts as well as transcripts from ALL colleges previously attended.
- Get admitted! The Office of Admissions will notify you once you have been admitted by letter and email.
- Complete the Online Career Inventory and Supplemental Questionnaire
- Completing these required assessments will determine whether you must test prior to meeting with an academic advisor.
- You must have these assessments completed before meeting with an advisor.
- Meet with an Advisor
- After completing the required assessments (and testing, if applicable), schedule an appointment with an advisor.
- Your advisor will create your personal degree plan and register you for a New Student Orientation Session.
- Attend New Student Orientation Session
- Get to know your classmates, have fun, learn about FSW and register for classes!
The New Student Orientation Session (Step 4) is slightly altered at each FSW location. You can learn more by clicking on the link to your preferred location below.
Thomas Edison (Lee)