Purpose & Mission
Florida SouthWestern State College will be the catalyst for creating an innovative education system which provides accessible educational pathways that prepare students to be enlightened and productive citizens.
(Vision statement approved by the District Board of Trustees April 27th, 2010)
We value student success, integrity, intellectual inquiry, and academic rigor.
(Values statement approved by the District Board of Trustees April 27th, 2010)
The mission of Florida SouthWestern State College is to inspire learning; prepare a diverse population for creative and responsible participation in a global society; and serve as a leader for intellectual, economic, and cultural awareness in the community.
(Mission statement approved by the District Board of Trustees April 27th, 2010)
ENHANCING THE COLLEGE EXPERIENCE
- Focusing recruiting and admissions efforts
- Creating a robust residential life experience on Lee to support our residence hall
- Exploring the potential return of athletics as a component of student live / residential life
- Increasing scholarly activity vis-à-vis the creation of a sponsored programs office
- Expanding international education
- Providing efficient processes that enhance or improve student, faculty and staff overall experience with the college
- Exploring new workforce-related certificate and degree offerings including additional $10,000 degree options
INCREASING COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS
- Rebranding and renaming the college to help with the external message (and to the efforts of residence life and athletics)
- Emphasizing the arts as a community resource
- Refocusing the direction for the FSW Foundation and enhancing its role in the college
- Increasing service area coverage through regional vice presidents for economic and community development
- Assessing and responding to regional workforce needs
(Submitted to the Florida SouthWestern State College Board of Trustees November 26, 2013)