Welcome to the Academic Advising Center!
At Florida SouthWestern State College, we are dedicated to your academic success.
Academic Advisors at FSW assist students with course selection and educational planning to ensure a successful college experience. Advisors provide students with the opportunity to clarify career and life goals based on self-awareness through one-on-one meetings and specialized assessments. Our goal is to ensure each student fulfills their educational and career goals and reaches their full potential.
New to FSW?
Once admitted to the College through the Office of Admissions, follow the steps below to meet with your Academic Advisor:
- Complete the Online Career Inventory and Supplemental Questionnaire
- Completing these required assessments will determine whether you must test prior to meeting with an academic advisor.
- You must have these assessments completed before meeting with an advisor.
- Meet with an Advisor
- After completing the required assessments (and testing, if applicable), schedule an appointment with an advisor.
- Your advisor will create your personal degree plan and register you for a New Student Orientation Session.
- Attend New Student Orientation Session to get to know your classmates, have fun, learn about FSW and register for classes!
Contact Us to schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor.