Welcome to the Office of Financial Aid!
One of the biggest hurdles to a college education is money. Navigating the financial aid process, especially for first time applicants can be complicated. Don’t worry, we are here to help and we have many resources to support you.
Steps to FAFSA Completion:
- Create your FSA ID
Apply for Financial Aid
- FSA ID consists of a username and a password. It confirms your identity when you access your financial aid information and electronically sign your Federal Student Aid application. Click here to learn where you can use your FSA ID.
- Gather the documents you need before applying for financial aid and understand who your parent is when you fill out FAFSA. Fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The application process can take up to six weeks. Please plan so that your application is complete by the tuition payment deadline (not the first day of class). Students can check the status 3-5 days after submitting the FAFSA online (you will need your FSA ID).
Florida SouthWestern State College's School Code for All Campuses
for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is 001477.
Support For You:
Each year the federal government requires all students to fill out a new FAFSA.
For help answering your Financial Aid questions, you have a personal Financial Aid Counselor available to assist you. Click here to identify and contact your Financial Aid Counselor.
Learn More About Financial Aid:
There is a lot of information that you need to understand before accepting financial aid.
- Students enrolling in a degree or certificate program for the first time after July 1, 2012 must have a standard high school diploma or GED to be eligible for all federal financial aid funds. Students with high school certificates of completion are not eligible for federal financial aid.
- Only courses required for a student’s current degree or certificate program can be used in determining a student’s eligibility for financial aid.
- Continued eligibility for financial aid is based on the student meeting satisfactory academic progress standards.
- Students are now limited to 12 semesters or its equivalent of Pell Grant awards.
- First time first year college students will have their first disbursement of Federal Student Loans made 30 days after the first day of the semester.