FSW offers 24/7 online tutoring that connects you one-to one with a subject expert tutor when you need assistance. The College has partnered with Tutor.com to provide 24/7 online tutorial assistance for online and face-to-face (ground) courses. The additional support provided by Tutor.com complements the College’s campus-based Academic Support tutoring centers; both services designed to assist you with academic success and persistence.
Access is available on demand 24/7 to provide support in over 40 subject areas, such as:
- Math - Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, Geometry, Statistics, Trigonometry, Finite Math, Discrete Math
- Science - Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geology, Anatomy & Physiology, Organic Chemistry
- Real-time and Drop-off Writing Support
- Business - Accounting, Finance, Economics
- World Languages - Spanish, French
- Computer Science - Intro Comp Science, Java, C++, Microsoft Systems
- Nursing Topics
How To Use This Service
Make the most of your free FSW Tutor.com hours* with these suggestions:
- On average, a Tutor.com session is no more than 30 minutes per session. Four FSW-funded hours will provide you with eight 30 minute sessions. Use them wisely!
- Review your notes and homework problems ahead of time! Figure out what you don’t know first so you are able to ask questions about specific content or confusing concepts.
- Make sure you have the assignment ready to reference your instructor’s requirements/guidelines with the Tutor.com tutor.
- Writing assistance - proofread and edit your papers prior to submitting any documents. A drop-off essay review now utilizes 35 minutes of your free tutoring time.
- Math questions - take a picture of your work and upload it. Working out a problem while writing with a mouse on the white board can be tricky.
The tutoring service is easy to use and can be accessed from any internet-enabled computer or mobile device using Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
Click the Tutor.com link located in your Canvas course(s). You will find the link at the bottom of the left-side navigation pane of the Canvas course(s) page.
As you work with the tutoring service, please also complete the feedback survey provided by Tutor.com. Address questions and/or technical issues to , Director of Academic Support Programs at FSW.