DENTAL HYGIENE LOCAL ANESTHESIA COURSE
Sponsored by: School of Health Professions
LOCAL ANESTHESIA FOR THE DENTAL HYGIENIST
- Audience: Florida Licensed Dental Hygienists
- Context: 60 hours = actively engaged in 30 hours online classroom + 18 hours hands-on clinical education activities at FSW + 12 hours observing a Florida licensed dentist administer local anesthesia prior to attending the on-site clinical activities.
- Location: Lee Campus, Fort Myers
- Cost $1530
- Additional Costs: Textbook: Local Anesthesia for the Dental Professional; by Kathy Bassett, 2nd Edition.
- On-site requirements: Uniform, safety glasses and lab coat
THE LOCAL ANESTHESIA COURSE WILL PROVIDE:
- Review of: Anatomy and physiology of the nerves, muscles, and bones of the head and neck
- Pharmacology of topical and injectable local anesthesia agents
- Healthcare assessment
- Participants will administer local anesthesia to patients in a private practice setting
WHO MAY NEED THIS NON-CREDIT COURSE:
- Florida licensed Dental Hygienists
TAKE THE FIRST STEP
Contact us for more details!
Program Director: Karen Molumby
239-985-8322 Ext 11822
Dr. Phil LoGrippo
Dr. Marcia Timson