DENTAL HYGIENE LOCAL ANESTHESIA COURSE
Sponsored by: School of Health Professions
The Dental Hygiene Local Anesthesia Course!
We are committed to assisting you in accomplishing your goal to obtain your certification to administer local anesthesia.
This course is approved by the Florida Board of Dentistry and is taught according to Florida Statutes and Rules at http://floridasdentistry.gov/licensing/local-anesthesia-for-dental-hygienists/Register Now! Information Packet
LOCAL ANESTHESIA FOR THE DENTAL HYGIENIST
- Audience: Florida Licensed Dental Hygienists
- Context: 60 hours = actively engaged in 30 hours online classroom + 18 hours hands-on clinical education activities at FSW + 12 hours observing a Florida licensed dentist administer local anesthesia prior to attending the on-site clinical activities.
- Location: Lee Campus, Fort Myers
- Cost $1530
- Additional Costs: Textbook: Local Anesthesia for the Dental Professional; by Kathy Bassett, 2nd Edition.
- On-site requirements: Uniform, safety glasses and lab coat
THE LOCAL ANESTHESIA COURSE WILL PROVIDE:
- Review of: Anatomy and physiology of the nerves, muscles, and bones of the head and neck
- Pharmacology of topical and injectable local anesthesia agents
- Healthcare assessment
- Participants will administer local anesthesia to patients in a private practice setting
WHO MAY NEED THIS NON-CREDIT COURSE:
- Florida licensed Dental Hygienists
TAKE THE FIRST STEP
Contact us for more details!
Program Director: Karen Molumby
239-985-8322 Ext 11822
Dr. Phil LoGrippo
Dr. Marcia Timson