Vision & Mission
Florida SouthWestern State College will be the catalyst for creating an innovative education system which provides accessible educational pathways that prepare students to be enlightened and productive citizens.
We value student success, integrity, intellectual inquiry, and academic rigor.
The mission of Florida SouthWestern State College is to inspire learning; prepare a diverse population for creative and responsible participation in a global society; and serve as a leader for intellectual, economic, and cultural awareness in the community.
Enhancing the College Experience
- Focus recruiting, admissions, and retention efforts
- Create a robust residential life experience on Lee to support our residence hall
- Explore the potential return of athletics as a component of student life/residential life
- Increase scholarly activity vis-à-vis the creation of a sponsored programs office
- Expand international education
- Provide efficient processes that enhance or improve student, faculty and staff overall experience with the college
- Explore new workforce-related certificate and degree offerings including additional $10,000 degree options
Increasing Community Connections
- Fund new initiatives that hold promise for FSW
- Emphasize the arts as a community resource
- Refocus the direction for the FSW Foundation and enhancing its role in the college
- Increase service area coverage through regional vice presidents for economic and community development
- Assess and respond to regional workforce needs