Frequently Asked Questions

I am an F-1 international, undocumented or DACA student and not a citizen of the United States. Am I eligible for a CARES Act grant?

Current guidance from the U.S. Department of Education states you are not eligible because you are not eligible to apply for federal Title IV financial aid.

Is there a deadline to apply?

There is no deadline, however funds are limited. The sooner students apply the more likely they are to receive funds. Funds will be disbursed to eligible students based on order of application until all CARES Act funds are depleted.

Do I need to file a 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)?

In order to be eligible, students must already have a FAFSA on file or complete the FAFSA application and be eligible to receive Title IV financial aid. If you do not already have a FAFSA application on file, please visit to complete the 2020-2021 FAFSA application. Students who submit an FSW CARES Act Emergency Funds Application without a FAFSA on file will receive communication with more information via their FSW email account.

How many times can I apply?

Currently, a student may submit one application for an emergency grant for fall 2020. Students who applied for CARES funding for spring 2020 or summer 2020 are eligible to apply again for fall 2020 if they continue to experience a financial hardship as a result of disruption due to COVID-19. If FSW receives additional funding from the CARES Act, students will be notified and will be able to reapply for additional grant assistance at that time.

How much will I receive?

Eligible student award amounts vary by student and will be based on each student’s circumstances and information collected from the student’s FAFSA application.

When will I know the results?

We anticipate a large volume of applications and will work to process submissions as quickly as possible. Once your application is processed and your eligibility is verified, funds will be disbursed within 14 business days.

How do students receive the money?

FSW has partnered with BankMobile Disbursements to deliver financial aid and other school refunds to our students. All you have to do is follow these steps to select how you want to receive your money.

  1. Log into your FSW Student Portal.
  2. Select Financial Aid & Student Services
  3. Under Student Services click BankMobile
  4. Select how you want your money delivered (example, Direct Deposit)

If you have previously established a Refund Preference you do not need to take any action unless you wish to update it. If so, you will need to log into your existing BankMobile account.

Do the funds need to be repaid?

No, this is not a loan. The funds are given to students in need and do not need to be repaid.

Can this funding reduce my financial aid?

No, these funds are exempt from the maximum financial aid amount students may receive.

I graduate this semester. Can I still receive assistance?

Yes. Students who apply and meet all eligibility criteria will be awarded funds in order of application until all CARES Act funds are depleted regardless of degree completion status.

What if I owe FSW for tuition or other expenses?

The full amount of the emergency grant funds will be given directly to the student, and will not pay outstanding balances owed to FSW. Any outstanding balance owed to FSW will remain the responsibility of the student.

Who can I contact for more information?

For questions related to CARES Act Student Emergency Funds, please contact or call 239-489-9348.