These are just some of Faculty Senate's achievements since 2013. The Senate has been an active member of shared governance at FSW in collaboration with the current administration. I have worked with my fellow committee members to build and open channels of communications at all levels of the FSW administration, but especially focusing on a successful relationship with the Provost which allowed us to meet many of our goals. As Faculty Senate President, I believe in strong values and transparency. I have enjoyed working with the diverse minds and the many-faceted perspectives of not just my fellow committee members, but the faculty body as a whole. And while we have made great strides, there is still work that needs to be done.
- New Bylaws adopted
- Senate Mission Statement
- Advocated for and Instituted a 360 review for Deans
- Adopted “Course Availability guidelines for online, blended, and ground Canvas Courses.”
- U building - resolved the noise issues
- Parking lot extension between lots on Lee
- Emergency Alert Podium
- Added the Gen Ed. Council
- Helped adopt a Freedom of Speech Policy
- Adopted an Appeal Process for Adaptive Services Students and Faculty.
- Solved an Academic Integrity Issue with testing for Adaptive Services Students.
- Advocated for more Faculty Recognition - TLC now has a faculty Coordinator
- Advocated for more Faculty oversight for elearning
- Removed the Student Evaluation Instrument (SEI)
- Developed and implemented the Student Opinion Survey
- Removed the LOG (Learning outcome Goals) from the Evaluation Process
- Advocated for and implemented test makeup for ground classes in the Testing Center.
As your college-wide President, I am here to help. The Senate Office is located in U215 or you can reach me via email at .
Martin A. Tawil, Ph.D
College-Wide Senate President