Become a Mentor Teacher
Thank you for your interest in hosting an FSW teacher candidate. Below is some information about our mentor teacher program.
How FSW is different from other colleges:
- Teacher candidates join your classroom when it is convenient for you. You will create the schedule with your teacher candidate.
- You are the head supervising teacher.
- Foundation mentor teachers are offered a $50 stipend per student.
- Practicum mentor teachers are offered an $80 stipend per student.
- Intern mentor teachers are offered a $300 stipend per semester.
How to Become a Mentor Teacher:
At FSW, field experience placements are all arranged by the Field Experience Office and school and district administrators. We require all mentors to have clinical educator training and at least 3 years of teaching experience in your content area.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor teacher for our program, please follow these steps:
- Notify your administration that you are interested in hosting a teacher candidate.
- Complete all Mentor Teacher Credential Documents:
- Submit paperwork by e-mail, mail, or fax to the FSW Field Experience Office.
Attn: Elizabeth Perdomo
Address: 8099 College Parkway, U-214K / Fort Myers, FL 33919