SACSCOC General Information
Florida SouthWestern State College’s Fifth-Year Interim Report will be due to SACSCOC on September 15, 2017. In prior years, comprehensive reports and reviews were submitted and conducted every ten years. However, the Fifth-Year interim Report was created by SACSCOC in an effort to meet the USDOE’s requirements for monitoring accredited institutions more often.
Preparation for the submission of this report has already begun and the timeline for planning and submission can be accessed through the link below.
View the SACSCOC Timeline
The main components of the report are as follows:
- An abbreviated Compliance Certification
- A Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) Impact Report
The College will also be required to provide evidence of compliance with all SACSCOC requirements pertaining to any distance learning programs and any off-site services and programs.
This requirement addresses 19 of the SACSCOC Principles of Accreditation:
- 2.8 Number of full-time faculty
- 2.10 Student support programs, services, and activities
- 3.2.8 Qualified administrative and academic officers
- 126.96.36.199 Institutional effectiveness: educational programs
- 3.4.3 Admissions policies
- 3.4.11 Qualified academic coordinators
- 3.11.3 Physical facilities
- 3.13 Policy compliance (3.13A, 3.13B, 3.13C)
- 4.1 Student achievement
- 4.2 Program curriculum
- 4.3 Publication of calendars and policies
- 4.4 Program length
- 4.5 Student complaints
- 4.6 Recruitment materials and presentations
- 4.7/3.10.3 Title IV program responsibilities and financial aid audits
- 4.8 Distance and correspondence education (4.8.1, 4.8.2, and 4.8.3)
- 4.9 Definition of credit hours
Impact Report of the QEP
This report addresses how the QEP has affected the outcomes related to student learning. Along with a copy of the QEP’s Executive Summary submitted to SACSCOC following the most recent affirmation, the report must contain the following components:
- List of initial goals and intended outcomes of the QEP;
- Discussion of changes made to the original QEP and reasons for those changes;
- Description of the QEP's direct impact on student learning; and
- Reflection on what the institution has learned as a result of the QEP.