How to apply for the Curtis Scholarship
- Apply to FSW - Visit apply.FSW.edu and completing the admissions application- Students must be admitted to FSW and receive their student ID number.
- Submit your FAFSA - visit www.fafsa.ed.gov to submit your FAFSA with FSW listed as a school selection, our federal school code is 001477
- Complete the FSW Scholarship Application - visit https://www.fsw.edu/financialaid and click the “Apply for a FSW State Scholarship” link on the left hand side of the page. Fill in your information to begin the scholarship application. You must answer yes to the Hendry/Glades residency question on the application to qualify for the Curtis Scholarship. Residency eligibility will be verified upon submission.
What do I need to do next?
- Set up your student Portal - visit www.fsw.edu and click the “portal” button at the top right side of the page. The next screen will ask for your user name and password, under the login button is a “New User” link, click on this and set up your portal for the first time.
- Check your financial aid status - log into your student portal at a minimum of once a week. Additional information may be needed from you to process your financial aid awards, this is how our office will communicate with you. It is important that you familiarize yourself with and monitor both your BUC’s email and the financial aid section of your portal. To access the financial aid section of your portal follow the steps below.
- Click the tab that says “Financial Aid & Student Services”
- Click the “My Financial Aid Online” button
- Select the appropriate aid year and click “Submit”
- The next screen will be customized to your individual aid package. Please ensure you click all links available to make sure no additional worksheets or requirements have been posted.
This scholarship was established through the generosity of Mr. Kenneth Curtis who was sincerely interested in providing you the financial means to further your education. This is a great opportunity for you to continue your education.
- Students must have attended LaBelle High School for at least two years and be a resident of Hendry County or Glades County. They must have graduated from LaBelle High School and must take advantage of the scholarship during the academic year immediately following the high school graduation.
- Candidates must have at least a 2.0 high school GPA and maintain a 2.0 in college courses to continue scholarship eligibility.
- All applicants must submit their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 1 of their senior year. It is MANDATORY for you to file the (FAFSA) yearly to be eligible for this scholarship.
- The application can be completed at www.fafsa.ed.gov. To complete the application have a copy of your parent(s) tax return and W2 information handy as well as your own if you were required to file. For assistance, please contact the Hendry Glades Center at 863-674-0408.
- In the event that you qualify for federal funding through the PELL grant these funds will be applied first to your tuition, fees, and books. If you do not qualify for enough of the PELL, the Curtis Scholarship will cover the remainder of these expenses.
- Students who receive Federal Financial Aid will receive the Curtis scholarship to make up any difference in tuition or book costs that is not covered by their Federal Aid.
- Scholarships are awarded to full-time, degree-seeking students carrying at least 12 credit hours per semester. Scholarships will cover full tuition, fees, and one set of required text books per semester.
- Providing minimum requirements for college GPA are maintained, scholarships will be awarded for up to five semesters. Scholarship awards may be given to students attending any campus.
For more information contact FSW Hendry Glades Center Financial Aid Counselor
Call 863-674-0408 to schedule an appointment.
1092 E. Cowboy Way, LaBelle, FL 33935