Phi Theta Kappa’s mission is to recognize academic achievement of college students and to provide opportunities for growth as a scholar and leader.
Membership in Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society guarantees you access to benefits that will recognize your outstanding academic accomplishments and provide you with the competitive edge that helps ensure future success. These benefits are unmatched by any other collegiate honor society.
Membership recognizes your academic success
- Phi Theta Kappa Golden Key Membership Pin
- Phi Theta Kappa Membership Certificate and ID Card
- Recognition during college induction ceremony
- Notation of membership on your college transcript
- Recognition by wearing Phi Theta Kappa commencement regalia during college graduation and other official ceremonies
- Press release announcing your academic achievement
Membership empowers you with a competitive edge
- $90 million in national scholarship opportunities
- Transfer Scholarships
- Enrollment in CollegeFish.org, a transfer and college completion planning tool
- Opportunity to be published in Phi Theta Kappa's anthology, Nota Bene
- Opportunities to develop research and servant leadership skills by participating in Honors in Action programming with the local chapter
- Opportunity to become part of a network of nearly 3 million fellow scholars and servant leaders on more than 1,285 campuses worldwide
- Personalized letters of recommendation for scholarships and employment
- You must have completed at least 12 hours of coursework that may be applied to an associate degree.
- You must generally have a grade point average of 3.5.
- You must receive an invitation to membership from the chapter at the college where presently enrolled.
- You must adhere to the moral standards of the society.
- To find out if you are eligible for Phi Theta Kappa membership, contact your local chapter advisor.