About the TLC
In support of the Office of Academic Affairs and in partnership with the Professional Development Committees and college leadership, it is our mission to analyze, support, create, and implement professional development opportunities for faculty and staff through The Teaching and Learning Center.
Program Goals/Areas of Focus
Programs and Services
- Create learning opportunities for faculty, staff, and administrators to enhance their instructional, professional, personal, and career development.
- Provide exceptional service through the coordination and execution of learning opportunities.
- Consult with individuals, departments, and programs to assess training and development needs, identify gaps, and recommend solutions.
- Promote learning opportunities through diverse platforms and resources.
- Support the faculty evaluation and mentor processes.
Community Building and Engagement
- Encourage interaction and collaboration among faculty, staff, and administrators by offering opportunities that build a culture of community.
- Establish partnerships through service as members on college committees.
Recognition and Appreciation
- Acknowledge faculty, staff, and administrators for their participation in and contributions to the Teaching and Learning Center.
- Support institutional initiatives for employee recognition.
Assessment and Evaluation
- Engage in research to assess needs, stay current in the field, and apply best practices.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of Teaching and Learning Center programs.
- Evaluate assessment findings to ensure offerings are meaningful and effective.
The TLC is located in room 168 in the AA-building on the Edison campus. If you have questions, contact the TLC Staff.