Semester Study Abroad

Portofino, Italy

You must be a full-time FSW student and have completed at least one semester of coursework with a 2.0+ GPA in order to participate in a semester study abroad program. You can earn college credit at an institution in another country if the course(s) are approved by submitting a Study Abroad Course Credit Approval Petition. Since FSW does not offer semester programs in other countries, you would need to enroll in a program offered by another US university/college or organization in order to get transfer credit. If credits are not offered through a US university/college, FSW would require that you obtain a transcript through the National Association of  Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).

FSW does not have an officially approved list of providers, however, we suggest students begin to explore the following recommended programs.

Semester Study Abroad Programs


CEA CAPA Study Abroad brings high-quality international academic programs and services to students. Along the way you’ll learn to communicate across cultures, gain independence, become self aware and achieve international understanding.


At CIS Abroad, we know you want to get into the local scene. With our La Vida Local program, you’ll experience local culture and life while participating in activities and organized events. Dive into it—that’s what study abroad is about!


The College Consortium for International Studies is an education non-profit. Our mission is to make innovative and exciting study abroad programs more accessible.  Our non-profit model offers programs that are on average, 30% less than providers.


For more than 35 years, University Studies Abroad Consortium (USAC) has provided students with affordable, valuable study abroad programs. We currently have more than 50 programs in 27 countries and students from any college or university are welcome to participate.

FSW Partners

FSW Partner Institutions

FSW has established partnerships with a  number of international colleges and institutes. These partnerships offer you exciting opportunities in Italy, Spain and Austria. To learn more about studying at these international institutions, please click here.


Other Programs and Resources

FSW students may choose to enroll in any accredited study abroad program that meets their cultural/personal interests. Additional study abroad programs and resources can be found at the following:

How to Apply for Non-FSW Provider Programs (Transfer Credit)

  1. Find Your Destination by researching program providers.
  2. Discuss the country of your choice and the courses you are interested in taking with CIE staff. Before you apply to any program, you will need to make an appointment to meet with the Study Abroad Coordinator to discuss program details (deadlines, fees, tuition, housing), and to obtain signatures on your Study Abroad Course Approval Petition. Appointments can be made in person in the Center for International Education Office (I-114).
  3. Apply to your program provider by the provider's deadline and follow their instructions.
  4. Complete an FSW Pre-departure Orientation on Canvas. You will receive an invitation for this orientation after you have been accepted into a study abroad program.
  5. Study Abroad in your selected destination.
  6. Verify with your Program Provider that your transcripts will be sent to the FSW Registrar's Office before you return home.