Registering at FSW

Registration is the process of building your class schedule and enrolling in courses. Courses are offered for varying lengths of time in a term. There are three Full Terms in an academic year: Fall, Spring, and Summer, which are approximately 16 weeks each. Within each Full Term are Mini Terms, which are short semesters.

Registration is conducted through the student portal. You may register from any location that provides Internet access, or, you may visit the Office of the Registrar at any campus location for assistance.

Dates to Remember

See the Academic Calendar for all deadlines.

You must pay • You must drop

If you register for a class or some classes, YOU are responsible to pay or to drop.

Updating Personal Information

  1. You may update the address and phone number though your FSW portal. You also may submit a Change of Student Data form to the Office of the Registrar.
  2. Changes to your name, social security number, or date of birth must be made in person or via a scheduled, live appointment held through a videoconferencing platform, with original supporting documentation along with valid photo identification.
  3. To change or add a degree program, you must first meet with an advisor, and submit a completed Change of Student Data form to the Office of the Registrar.
  4. To change your start term, contact the Office of Admissions.

Drop/Add Period

The Drop/Add period is the timeframe following initial registration when students may make class schedule adjustments. Courses may be dropped or added during Drop/Add without penalty. If you drop a class during this time, it won't show up on your transcript or grade reports; you will not be enrolled or registered.


A student may withdraw without academic penalty from any course in a term by the Withdrawal deadline date published in the Official Academic Calendar. Withdrawals do not alter or waive a student's responsibility from paying tuition and other fees. (Refunds will not be granted.)

Students who officially withdraw from a class or classes any time prior to the Withdrawal deadline date listed in the Official Academic Calendar will receive a grade of "W." Course(s) receiving a grade of "W" are included in attempted courses when determining a standard of academic progress. A student will be limited to two withdrawals per course. Upon the third attempt, the student will not be permitted to withdraw, and will receive a grade for that course.

Auditing a Course

For information on how to audit a course, visit the College Catalog.

Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) Codes

FSW’s CIP Codes are found here: