Transfer Credit

Transfer Credit Evaluation

Transferring credit to FSW allows your previous academic study, examination, or career experience to be evaluated for possible college credit. FSW accepts transfer credit from other regionally-accredited postsecondary institutions, standardized credit-by-exam programs, and other recognized educational experience such as military training. Official transcripts from each institution previously attended are required. Failure to disclose and submit transcripts from all colleges attended, even if no credit was earned, may result in denial of admission to FSW or eventual dismissal from FSW.

Credit by Exam

FSW awards college credit for standardized examinations that document the required knowledge and competencies for one or more subject areas. This includes credit earned via Advanced Placement (AP), Cambridge Advanced International Certificate of Education (AICE), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), International Baccalaureate (IB), DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST - military exams) and the UExcel (Excelsior College) Examination Program. Official score reports must be sent directly from the testing agencies to the Office of the Registrar. Awarded credit will appear on the student's permanent record and on the student's official transcript as earned credit only.

Military Credit

FSW awards credit for military courses and occupations completed by Active Duty and Reserve service members and Veterans. Each branch of service provides transcripts for current and former service members that include individual military education, training, and experience. Members of the United States Armed Forces including Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy (Active Duty, Reserve, and Veterans) should submit an official copy of their Joint Services Transcript (JST) to the Registrar's Office. JSTs will be evaluated for transferable credit. Air Force service members with credit from the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) must submit an official CCAF transcript.

Credit from International Colleges and Universities

Students who attended a college or university outside the United States must submit their foreign academic transcripts and an accompanying course-by-course, commercial evaluation from a current member of either the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE), which identifies the credits and grades earned for each course. Transcripts in languages other than English must be translated by a certified English translator. 

Local Articulation Agreements and Industry Certifications

FSW has established and continues to maintain several Articulation Agreements with local technical colleges. Similarly, FSW may award credit for earned industry certifications. Discuss with your advisor how you may submit a request for articulated credit.

Submitting your Official Transcript(s)

Transcripts should be mailed directly from institution-to-institution or sent electronically via a secure, third party vendor (such as Parchment, Credly, or Sertifier). If mailed, a transcript is official if it arrives to FSW in a sealed envelope issued by the sending, or originating, institution. Official transcripts will bear the authorizing school’s signature as well as the official seal of the sending, or originating, institution. Additionally, official transcripts are accepted at FSW for evaluation if issued, or printed, by the originating institution within one (1) calendar year prior to the date it is received at FSW. Students must request a separate, official transcript from each institution previously attended, including credit-by-exam testing agencies.

Official transcripts may be mailed to:

    Florida SouthWestern State College Office of the Registrar 8099 College Parkway Fort Myers, FL 33919

Official transcripts may be sent electronically to:

Unofficial Transfer Equivalency Guide

Welcome to FSW’s unofficial transfer equivalency guide. This guide may assist you in understanding how some courses you may have taken at other colleges and/or universities may transfer to FSW.


  • Please understand a final determination of transfer credit is based on many factors including the grade you earned, the number of credits a particular course is worth, and the date of your acceptance, for example.
  • FSW’s unofficial transfer equivalency guide does not guarantee the way in which any particular course may transfer in to FSW. FSW staff members continually update information contained within this table as colleges and universities also continually update and make changes within their curriculum.
  • Also, this guide is not complete; it does not contain information regarding every potential transfer equivalency for every course at every college or university.