Florida SouthWestern State College offers students hundreds of unique scholarship opportunities! From aspiring nurses and business leaders to fine arts students and working parents, many students find a scholarship to help offset college costs. Below please find an overview of the many types of scholarships offered along with links to more information.
Thank you for your interest in the FSW Online Scholarship Application. We are in the process of upgrading the online scholarship application and therefore the 19/20 application is not currently available. You may still complete the 18/19 FSW Online Scholarship Application for fall 2018, spring 2019 and summer 2019 semesters on the Financial Aid website.
The 19/20 aid year application is expected to be operational on January 15, 2018. Please check back with us at that time. Due to this interruption, we have moved the priority submission date from January 15th to March 15th 2019 for the 19/20 academic year. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we work to make this process better. As always, if you have questions, please submit them to Jaime Perez, Senior Financial Aid Officer, Scholarships and Athletics at
Now Accepting Scholarship Applications for Fall, Spring, and Summer
Students must submit a completed FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to FSW to be considered for scholarships.
FAFSA school code for all FSW campuses:
One Application for all FSW Scholarships
To be considered for all FSW scholarships, students must:
- Apply to FSW
- Submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Upon admission to FSW, complete the scholarship application.
*If you are a student with a documented disability and need assistance with completing this application, please contact the Office of Adaptive Services at or (239) 432‐7354*
Additional Scholarship Opportunities +
Institutional scholarships are offered through Florida SouthWestern State College. Some scholarships will require a supplemental application. Click the links below for full details.
- Honors Scholars Program
- Presidential Scholarships
Eligible students will be contacted with more information.
- Isabella Curtis Scholarship for LaBelle High School Graduates
This scholarship was established through the generosity of Mr. Kenneth J. Curtis who was sincerely interested in providing LaBelle High School graduates with the financial means to further their education.
PSAV Scholarship - Workforce Education
The PSAV Scholarship is a need based grant (fall/spring/summer), for Florida and Non-Florida residents. This scholarship is designated for FSW students who are enrolled in the Fire Fighter Minimum Standards Certificate program. To be eligible for this scholarship students must meet the below listed criteria:
- Student must be a U.S. citizen or meet the requirements of an eligible non-citizen as defined by the Federal Financial Aid Program
- Student must submit a valid Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) including completion of verification, if required
- Student must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours.
- Student must meet and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and have a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA or above
- Student must demonstrate financial need
- Student must complete and submit the FSW Online Scholarship Application each academic year
- Student must be enrolled in FFP 0010C and/or FFP 0020C
Fine Art Scholarships
More information on these scholarships can be found on the scholarship application.
The Florida Department of Education or high school guidance counselors can answer questions about initial eligibility for Bright Futures.
Current or incoming students who are Bright Futures recipients, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (239) 489-9336 or stop by your campus Financial Aid Office for assistance.
Many community partners, organizations, and businesses also offer scholarships to Florida SouthWestern State College students. Click here for details about other scholarship opportunities and resources available to FSW students.
- Talk to your High School Guidance Counselor about scholarships
- Talk to organizations you have volunteered for to see if they have any available funding opportunities.
- If you are working ask if your employer offers tuition reimbursement or any funding toward your education.
With a rich variety of scholarships available, it is important to remember the application processes, requirements, and deadlines may be very different. Most scholarships require students complete and submit an Admissions Application to Florida SouthWestern State College and a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) www.fafsa.ed.gov prior to consideration. The earlier you begin your scholarship research, the more opportunities you will discover.